Jobs & Internships
KCTS 9 is a great place to work and intern!
As the largest public television station in the Pacific Northwest, KCTS 9 offers a wide variety of creative employment and internship opportunities in areas such as as engineering, finance & accounting, fundraising, human resources, information technology, marketing & communications, television production & programming, and web development & web production.
Qualified candidates should submit application materials via the "apply online" link within the job posting.
All incoming resumes are thoroughly assessed to determine each applicant's qualifications and how those qualifications best fit with the needs of the position. We appreciate your interest in KCTS 9 however due to the high volume of applications and resumés we receive, we are unable to respond directly to any e-mail or phone inquiries regarding the status of your application.
Internships at KCTS 9 expose students to a variety of careers in broadcasting and related professions. Working closely with a mentor, interns gain practical, hands-on, career related experience that compliments their formal education. Interns commit a minimum of 8 hours per week, up to a maximum of 40 hours of service, and internships must be completed prior to graduation.
The KCTS Internship Program is quarterly in duration:
- Spring: April, May & June*
- Summer: July, August & September*
- Fall: October, November & December**
- Winter: January, February & March**
*Applications for spring & summer internships are accepted January through March.
**Applications for fall & winter internships are accepted July through September.
Interns are paid a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship.
To be eligible for a KCTS Internship, students must meet the following minimum requirements (along with position specific requirements):
- Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
- Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred